Here are my 2c:DrawerBase Design
I would like some critique on my design so far. This is going to be the base unit of my cabinet design for an entire wall unit. My initial design goal with this is just to get the drawer height set and comfortable with that. I have tried to add the faceframe elements, but am having trouble deciding on a method to attack that. I am probably over thinking it.
This is the initial unit layout for the Wall. Like I said above I am working on the base units for now, which will house drawers. The top units will probably have shelves, but could have more drawers…The center square is the bed
Please let me know what you think, and those who are able please feel free to comment or give me some pointers of my Sketchup model.
1. The bed seems too high, no chance of sitting on the edge with your feet on the floor.
2. I think most night stands are a few inches below the bed surface; you would not want a glass of water tipping over onto the bed.
3. There should be an open space between the bottom unit and upper, if you opened a door with that glass of water it would be knocked over, as well as any reading material, not to mention the watch, glasses, change, and wallet.
4. If you put glass doors, like a barrister bookcase, in the upper bridge you could put the clock etc up there.
5. Seems like you have the bottoms as 2 side-by-side units, if you made the outer one full depth and full height, you would have more drawer space and possibly a pair of doors in the upper third. The winters here require sweaters, for that reason, I would mix the drawers making a few big(deep) ones for those sweaters and sweatshirts.