LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6,838 Posts
DrawerBase Design

Sketchup File

I would like some critique on my design so far. This is going to be the base unit of my cabinet design for an entire wall unit. My initial design goal with this is just to get the drawer height set and comfortable with that. I have tried to add the faceframe elements, but am having trouble deciding on a method to attack that. I am probably over thinking it.

This is the initial unit layout for the Wall. Like I said above I am working on the base units for now, which will house drawers. The top units will probably have shelves, but could have more drawers…The center square is the bed

Please let me know what you think, and those who are able please feel free to comment or give me some pointers of my Sketchup model.
model looks good- one thing - it seems you have a different component for each of the drawer dividers? why not use the same component and make copies of it? (you do have copies on the left and right -but the bottom and top dividers are different components).

another personal preference of mine is in regard to the height of the bed- my workbench is ~34" and I wouldn't want to sleep that hight ;)

actually my previous bed was ~30" high , and had storage pullout shelves underneath - I never really cared much for it and replaced it with a new bed which is ~13" off the floor (top of mattress) which is much more inviting.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.