colored edgebanding

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by ScottN posted 11-16-2014 05:04 PM 1415 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View ScottN's profile


261 posts in 3184 days

11-16-2014 05:04 PM

I’m building a gamer desk and I’m trying to find a distributor that carries small amounts of solid colors for edgebanding. I considered a wood veneer and painting it, but I would rather find a place that sells small amounts (under 100’ rolls) of edgebanding for this project and future projects. I’m looking for a solid red color.

Heres a pic I found to give you an idea of what I’m doing.

-- New Auburn,WI

3 replies so far

View Loren's profile


10477 posts in 4153 days

#1 posted 11-16-2014 05:29 PM

This is an option,

Plastic hot melt edgebanding is available in an enormous
color range. A local commercial plywood dealer should
be able to advise you on what they can get for you.
It’s not usually very costly in 250’ rolls, quite cheap
compared to hot melt genuine wood banding.

View ScottN's profile


261 posts in 3184 days

#2 posted 11-16-2014 08:18 PM

That was one option that I was considering, I would like to stick with the pvc edgebanding if at all possible. I can find what I want, but only in 600’ rolls.

-- New Auburn,WI

View joeyinsouthaustin's profile


1294 posts in 2577 days

#3 posted 11-18-2014 10:51 PM

Call Framatech. They sell smaller rolls, pre glued

-- Who is John Galt?

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics