Need some help with some tools

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Curtis posted 07-23-2014 11:57 PM 1355 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Curtis's profile


15 posts in 2421 days

07-23-2014 11:57 PM

Topic tags/keywords: question scroll saw

My new tools and they come with questions, a Powermadic 24 inch model 95, Rockwell shaper model 43-120, Mikita LS1013F, Stanley router shaper with over under table made in the 1930s and 12 clamps all for $500. I just got these tools yesterday, I brought them to work with me today to clean them up. The first is on the Powermatic scroll saw. Besides for getting the blade where you need it to change, what else could the little round thing coming out of the side of motor be for? My second question is on the Rockwell shaper, what is the long thing with the circle on the end of it that is attached to the back? Also with the shaper does anybody have a suggestion as to what brand cutters to get and where can I get the rest of the spacers and the top bolt? !!!!!!!!

-- Col 3:23

1 reply so far

View MrUnix's profile (online now)


8406 posts in 3205 days

#1 posted 07-24-2014 12:05 AM

Just a guess, but according to the manual, it looks like the knob on the Powermatic motor is to change speed.


-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics