Table corner protection

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by Mark posted 02-01-2014 12:29 AM 927 views 0 times favorited 6 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Mark's profile


1054 posts in 2898 days

02-01-2014 12:29 AM

Afternoon all. My daughter has a new cheap dining room table, I think the top is K3 board. I’m looking for a table top corner protector, like the one they have in the L/V catalog, but not brass. Nickle or steel would be great. If not that I’m thinking of getting the brass ones, roughing them up with a bit of 220g and spraying them, but I’m concerned about the paint peeling off. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

-- Mark

6 replies so far

View Handtooler's profile


1628 posts in 3055 days

#1 posted 02-01-2014 01:46 AM

Have you tried McMaster-Carr, or WW Grainger? We repaired some office desks in about 1884 and I think they helped us.

-- Russell Pitner Hixson, TN 37343 [email protected]

View Mark's profile


1054 posts in 2898 days

#2 posted 02-01-2014 11:05 PM

Thanks for the response HT. I went to their sites….No joy.

-- Mark

View bondogaposis's profile


5901 posts in 3274 days

#3 posted 02-01-2014 11:39 PM

Ya mean like these.

-- Bondo Gaposis

View LeTurbo's profile


234 posts in 2509 days

#4 posted 02-02-2014 08:40 AM

Make her a nice new proper dining table?

View Mark's profile


1054 posts in 2898 days

#5 posted 02-02-2014 04:47 PM

bondo gaposis. Thanks for the input. I saw those but I need some thing a bit smaller( 3/4” tall)
Le turbo. That’s the way her plan is headed.

-- Mark

View sparks's profile


62 posts in 4012 days

#6 posted 02-04-2014 06:33 AM

Check Lee Valley

-- Sparks

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics