Hinge Help for Bar cabinet

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by Spain412 posted 12-30-2013 04:04 PM 893 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Spain412's profile


5 posts in 2059 days

12-30-2013 04:04 PM

This is my first post here and I am hoping that someone, in their infinite wisdom and know-how, can set me on the right path. I am in the process of building a bar cabinet that is similar to the crate and barrel cabinet shown here:

I am struggling to find the various hardware and hinges. I am new to woodworking and I don’t know the correct terminology for all hardware, so searches have come to no avail. The pivoting hinges that mount to the top have proven to be the most difficult item to find. Any ideas and suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!

3 replies so far

View Spain412's profile


5 posts in 2059 days

#1 posted 01-01-2014 05:49 PM

Anyone? I can’t find them for the life of me. They are edge mounted and allow the joined pieces to lay on an even plane, and then the movable piece can fold onto the fixed piece and the edges remain flush. any help is greatly appreciated.

View GOOD LUCK TO ALL's profile


418 posts in 2178 days

#2 posted 01-01-2014 06:03 PM

The top hinges are called soss hinges
The front flip down front looks like a furniture hinge like this

View Spain412's profile


5 posts in 2059 days

#3 posted 01-01-2014 06:23 PM

YES! Thank you. It is really hard to search for something without a name!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics