Anybody Know What This Is ?????

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by C_PLUS_Woodworker posted 05-11-2013 07:30 PM 2841 views 0 times favorited 38 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View C_PLUS_Woodworker's profile


602 posts in 3872 days

05-11-2013 07:30 PM

I found this on the floor of my garage shop.

Next to my Unisaw…....(which I built all the surface areas, extensions and legs for,,,,,,,,so I don’t think it came from the saw),

It was also kinda laying between my big Delta Dust Collector and the saw and my router table, (which I built also.

I have absolutely no idea as to what it is or how it got on the floor in the middle of my garage shop.

And I don’t want to chuck it cuz 2 days later I will find out it is a critical part of something.

I am kinda nervous that it vibrated loose from one of my machines and I want to be careful.

It is about 3 1/2×3 1/2 inches by a 1/4 inch (strong) thick.

Cast pot metal.

Anybody ?????

38 replies so far

View bullhead1's profile


228 posts in 3214 days

#1 posted 05-11-2013 08:06 PM

Try looking in your equipment manuals for an exploded parts diagram. You may be able to identify it there.

View bhog's profile


2238 posts in 3655 days

#2 posted 05-11-2013 08:49 PM

Muffler bearing for an overhead rotary girder


-- I don't drive a Prius.

View TorxNut's profile


58 posts in 2862 days

#3 posted 05-11-2013 09:43 PM

“Muffler bearing for an overhead rotary girder”

Now that’s just silly. Everyone knows that overhead rotary girders don’t use bearings on their mufflers. They use sleeve valves!


View a1Jim's profile


118153 posts in 4542 days

#4 posted 05-11-2013 10:32 PM

It seems that I’ve seen something like this as part of a seat belt mechanism ???


View RussellAP's profile


3105 posts in 3252 days

#5 posted 05-11-2013 11:06 PM

Could be part of a ratchet clamp.

Just saw how big it is. I’d sure find out what it is from before I use any of my equipment.

-- A positive attitude will take you much further than positive thinking ever will.

View widdle's profile


2073 posts in 3964 days

#6 posted 05-11-2013 11:11 PM


View Bluepine38's profile


3388 posts in 4050 days

#7 posted 05-12-2013 04:14 AM

Unless there are some wear marks or signs of usage on it, which I can not see in these pictures, it does not
look as though it was on a machine and came off. Of course I have been wrong before. I think it is just a
spare part the shop gremlins dropped to confuse you.

-- As ever, Gus-the 80 yr young apprentice carpenter

View kizerpea's profile


775 posts in 3333 days

#8 posted 05-12-2013 11:25 AM

its a c- clamp for the micro fluxuator…located by the plasma conduent…


View JoeinGa's profile


7741 posts in 2972 days

#9 posted 05-12-2013 11:30 AM

Get a look up inside the saw cabinet. Might be some sort of spacer that hangs with the open end in a downward fashion? Somehow it got “bumped” up and fell out maybe?

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View toolie's profile


2200 posts in 3594 days

#10 posted 05-12-2013 02:32 PM

wherever it’s from, you can be assured it’ll let you know where it belongs at the worst possible moment.

-- there's a solution to every just have to be willing to find it.

View MSgtRegester's profile


12 posts in 2806 days

#11 posted 05-12-2013 02:46 PM

Base plate from a Retroencabulator.
It made of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings ran in a direct line with the panametric fan when installed.

View waho6o9's profile (online now)


8963 posts in 3542 days

#12 posted 05-12-2013 02:59 PM

All the above statements are correct.

I use my muffler bearing to tune my nuclear submarine.

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

5328 posts in 4926 days

#13 posted 05-12-2013 03:00 PM

Ah HAH! Now we know who wrote all those operation manuals for the military.
Don’t have a clue, but I agree that, if ya throw it away, you’ll need it the next day.

-- [email protected]

View Straightbowed's profile


717 posts in 3263 days

#14 posted 05-12-2013 03:11 PM

It’s a Flojet Slip Valve it goes on the end of the sawbridge accelerator on the BIBSAW

-- Stevo, work in tha city woodshop in the country

View sprucegum's profile


324 posts in 2963 days

#15 posted 05-12-2013 09:19 PM

I have a sister in law who has a fascination with keys she absolutely must know what each one goes to. Any time I have one I no longer need I leave it somewhere in her house without telling her. It drives her freaking nuts. Maybe you had a sinister visitor.

-- A tube of calk and a gallon of paint will make a carpenter what he ain't

showing 1 through 15 of 38 replies

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics