Is this a draw knife, a router plane, or something else.....

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by gavinzagreb posted 03-29-2012 05:47 PM 1082 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View gavinzagreb's profile


210 posts in 2769 days

03-29-2012 05:47 PM

Is there a name for this ?
Have you seen one before ?

Searching for planes in Croatian today i came apon a website that is actually owned by a friend of my wife !
I had no idea she had antique tools for sale.
I guess she’s my competition at the flea market then .

1 reply so far

View Loren's profile


10477 posts in 4097 days

#1 posted 03-29-2012 06:08 PM

A heavy duty scraper of some sort perhaps. The cutter is probably
mounted backwards. It may be, as you’ve guessed, a sort of
heavy-duty router plane used for carving out recesses to rough
depth quickly. The profile of the cutter in the tool seems to me
like it wouldn’t yield a very controlled cut.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics