What is it???

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Michael posted 03-29-2012 05:37 AM 1345 views 0 times favorited 6 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Michael's profile


32 posts in 3449 days

03-29-2012 05:37 AM

Topic tags/keywords: question

I bought a plate biscuit joiner at an estate sale and this was in the case. I am almost certain it is not part joiner as it appears to be an air valve type mechanism and there is nothing referencing it on Dewalt’s website.

So I think I have something that the old owner left in the case. Anyone know what it is for? Anyone want it?

-- Michael

6 replies so far

View bryguy22's profile


38 posts in 2779 days

#1 posted 05-13-2012 11:46 AM

Looks like a fire piston used for starting a fire in a survival situation. could be wrong and am probably wrong., but they are cool anyways.

-- Bryan, york pa

View mtenterprises's profile


933 posts in 3258 days

#2 posted 05-13-2012 02:56 PM

I want to say some kind of clamp or tracing styles.

-- See pictures on Flickr -[email protected]/ And visit my Facebook page -

View bandit571's profile


24122 posts in 3248 days

#3 posted 05-13-2012 03:05 PM

Might be a control valve. Push in to activate another tool, via an air line? Push in=”ON”, allow it to return=”OFF” sort of thing. Looks like an air line hook up point near the plunger. Might be used to control a clamp powered by air? Either to clamp or un-clamp, push the plunger in?

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

View canadianchips's profile


2632 posts in 3562 days

#4 posted 05-13-2012 03:09 PM

OMG you have one of them also !
IT does look like an air valve for air clamps.

-- "My mission in life - make everyone smile !"

View patron's profile


13669 posts in 3906 days

#5 posted 05-13-2012 03:14 PM

cracker jacks
surprise for woodworkers

-- david - only thru kindness can this world be whole . If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure. Dan Quayle

View Michael's profile


32 posts in 3449 days

#6 posted 05-13-2012 04:12 PM

I’ll buy air valve for air clamps theory, it has a few rubber seals inside it. Are these expensive? Or anyone near Sunnyvale, CA want it?

-- Michael

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics