wood baller

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by wiser85 posted 08-23-2021 09:47 PM 562 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View wiser85's profile


41 posts in 706 days

08-23-2021 09:47 PM

anybody know where i can find a wood balling tool????? thank you

4 replies so far

View Mike_D_S's profile


809 posts in 3549 days

#1 posted 08-23-2021 09:52 PM

Well assuming you want to make round wooden balls, you need to google a sphere turning jig.

Something like the Carter one.

-- No honey, that's not new, I've had that forever......

View poopiekat's profile


5029 posts in 5069 days

#2 posted 08-29-2021 07:25 PM

Maybe this:

These AMT ballers are for rounding the ends of 1”, 3/4” and 1/2” dowels. Finishes the end to resemble a mop or broomstick.

They work just like those little pencil sharpeners we all had in our school pencil boxes.
Looks like you could build one with an appropriate sized Stanley #45 cutter, or maybe even from a ‘hollow’ molding plane iron. Good Luck!

-- Einstein: "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." I'm Poopiekat!!

View MrRon's profile


6256 posts in 4578 days

#3 posted 08-30-2021 08:20 PM

View Underdog's profile


1803 posts in 3370 days

#4 posted 08-31-2021 02:34 AM

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics