Ridgid TS24120 / Riving Knife

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by KAnise posted 07-02-2020 10:35 AM 463 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View KAnise's profile


2 posts in 395 days

07-02-2020 10:35 AM

Topic tags/keywords: ridgid ts24120 riving knife safety tablesaw

Hi I am trying find and attach a riving knife onto this old Ridgid table saw, made in 1998? Looking for suggestions on this andany 3rd party safty alternatives. Is installing a splitter a better option?

2 replies so far

View jdh122's profile


1252 posts in 3979 days

#1 posted 07-02-2020 10:55 AM

Take a look at Sharkguard, with built-in dust collection:
This is not a true riving knife since it won’t raise and lower with the blade, but it will work very well.
A cheaper alternative is a Microjig splitter, available in plastic or steel.

-- Jeremy, in the Acadian forests

View KAnise's profile


2 posts in 395 days

#2 posted 07-02-2020 07:08 PM

Hi Jeremy, I think these MJ splitters are my best option. Thank you for the advice.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics