Need help finding a part

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by BarryTx posted 07-02-2020 10:35 AM 255 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View BarryTx's profile


1 post in 42 days

07-02-2020 10:35 AM


I have an old Chicago Electric standing drill press (i guess they are harbour freight). My son broke the Collett on the post where the geared metal track is so so you can crank the drill press table up and down. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to get parts for these machines? My local HF says they can’t get them.

3 replies so far

View ibewjon's profile


1781 posts in 3602 days

#1 posted 07-02-2020 01:59 PM

Grizzly may be an option, or go to HF online, local stores don’t usually have knowledgeable people.

View theart's profile


208 posts in 1363 days

#2 posted 07-02-2020 02:24 PM

By far, the most useful tool I’ve bought from Harbor Freight has been a welder. Because every other tool I’ve bought there has needed, or some day will need, to be welded back together.

View moke's profile


1574 posts in 3585 days

#3 posted 07-02-2020 09:33 PM

+1 with theart. Can you weld it and grind it back to original? Good luck finding a replacement….
If you don’t have a welder, how about JB Weld…it can be sanded to shape…..otherwise, back to HF and Buy a new one…..keep this one for parts!!!!

-- Mike

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics