WTB need a banjo for a craftsman lathe.

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodturning forum

Forum topic by WillBH posted 06-02-2020 08:37 PM 190 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View WillBH's profile


2 posts in 139 days

06-02-2020 08:37 PM

I have an old Craftsman Lathe model # 149.23860 need a new banjo (tool rest holder) part number 816586
Any ideas on where to get one ?

2 replies so far

View sansoo22's profile


1156 posts in 531 days

#1 posted 06-02-2020 08:58 PM

You could try the forums over at to see if those folks might know. I did a quick google search and came up empty handed. To my knowledge, most if not all, Craftsman power tools were a re-branded version of some other company’s product. Maybe finding out which model your C-man is a clone of will expand the search radius.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help. My google skills are quite polished and i usually turn up something but this time all i found were part diagrams and an owners manual.

View Nubsnstubs's profile


1732 posts in 2607 days

#2 posted 06-03-2020 01:14 PM

All banjo’s will work as long as the ways clamp and tool post hole fits your tool rest post. The ways clamp on your existing banjo would most likely work, so just transfer it to the tool rest you get. Banjo’s are not a lathe specific replacement part. Unless you want to have only branded parts, your search could be shortened by getting any banjo…...... Jerry (in Tucson)

-- Jerry (in Tucson)

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics