Help with IDing a table extension

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by MrFid posted 01-09-2020 02:14 AM 227 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View MrFid's profile


908 posts in 2914 days

01-09-2020 02:14 AM

Hi all.

I am trying to figure out for a family member how the extensions on this table work. To my eye, it looks like the wood for the extension probably has steel T-bar attached to it permanently, which slides into the custom cut wood sleeve that is attached to the underside of the tabletop. Am I wrong with that and is there a specific set of hardware involved?
Or, does anyone know if there exists a bit of hardware that accomplishes the same thing? Thanks everyone!

More pictures available at the website that I took these from:

-- Bailey F - Eastern Mass.

2 replies so far

View Lazyman's profile


6644 posts in 2397 days

#1 posted 01-09-2020 03:34 AM

It looks to me like there is a T-shaped iron attached to the leaves that slides into the receiver you can see on your last picture.

-- Nathan, TX -- Hire the lazy man. He may not do as much work but that's because he will find a better way.

View MrFid's profile


908 posts in 2914 days

#2 posted 01-09-2020 01:28 PM

Agreed. That’s what I was thinking as well. Thanks!

-- Bailey F - Eastern Mass.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics