Source for 'Vintage' Sliding door jamb catches?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by paredown posted 09-18-2019 11:13 PM 136 views 0 times favorited 0 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View paredown's profile


10 posts in 226 days

09-18-2019 11:13 PM

Our house was build early ‘60s—modern style with lots of sliding doors installed.

Unfortunately, the PO removed all of the jamb hardware and left only the handles in the doors, so there is no way to lock the master bath etc.

The hardware is better quality than I have seen at any box store, and I wondered if anyone has run across a store/shop that specializes in older door hardware?

No maker’s name visible on the handles—they have a rectangular face, nickel finish, with a turn latch; interior mechanism looks to be a top and bottom gripper that I think would have closed onto a knob or ball on the jamb piece. Edge of the door piece has a nice pull up puller to move door.

I’ll add pictures tomorrow when the light is better.

0 replies so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics