Power Carving Tool

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodcarving forum

Forum topic by Sean2019 posted 06-25-2019 05:19 PM 261 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Sean2019's profile


3 posts in 28 days

06-25-2019 05:19 PM

Topic tags/keywords: jig carving tool blade

Does anyone know the name of the big gouger used in this video? I already have the Arbortech Turboplaner, but this would work well along with it.
It’s titled “Amazing wood carving skill and techniques” Incase the link doesn’t pull up and his name is Mas Barlin.

5 replies so far

View mpounders's profile


928 posts in 3317 days

#1 posted 06-25-2019 08:39 PM

It may be the ArborTech Ball gouge attachment?

-- Mike P., Arkansas,

View Sean2019's profile


3 posts in 28 days

#2 posted 06-26-2019 11:36 AM

It looks bigger than the ball gouge but I guess that would be the next best thing. I’ve searched online for two days and still haven’t found anything close that resembles that.

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2990 posts in 3860 days

#3 posted 06-26-2019 12:16 PM

in the first comment in the video a guy asks that and another gives a reply

-- The smell of wood, coffee in the cup, the wife let's me do my thing, the lake is peaceful.

View Nubsnstubs's profile


1584 posts in 2152 days

#4 posted 06-26-2019 01:23 PM

If this is the tool you need the name of, it’s called a Groove Tool. That link should take you there. They aren’t cheap. ......... Jerry (in Tucson )

-- Jerry (in Tucson)

View Sean2019's profile


3 posts in 28 days

#5 posted 06-27-2019 05:53 PM

Awesome, thanks Fellas! I couldn’t pull up any comments on my phone on YouTube. This will make life a little easier.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics