Anyone know what these are called?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Jigs & Fixtures forum

Forum topic by JADobson posted 05-25-2019 04:25 AM 556 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View JADobson's profile


1443 posts in 2531 days

05-25-2019 04:25 AM

They look kind of like T-nuts but the spikes appear to sink into the sides of the hole rather than straight down. If anyone knows the name it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

-- No craft is very far from the line beyond which is magic. -- Lord Dunsany — Instagram @grailwoodworks

5 replies so far

View Robert's profile


3436 posts in 1900 days

#1 posted 05-25-2019 02:19 PM

I don’t know what it is but I know a threaded insert will do the same thing.

-- Everything is a prototype thats why its one of a kind!!

View waho6o9's profile


8674 posts in 2997 days

#2 posted 05-25-2019 02:34 PM

View ibewjon's profile


680 posts in 3213 days

#3 posted 05-25-2019 02:38 PM

Looks like a t nut where the wood above was harder than the nut and the points bent over

View Andre's profile


2673 posts in 2226 days

#4 posted 05-25-2019 03:13 PM

Threaded pressed insert, Home Depot has a couple of variations.

P.S. Almost time for a manicure:)

-- Lifting one end of the plank.

View therealSteveN's profile


3103 posts in 994 days

#5 posted 05-26-2019 05:23 AM

It’s hard to tell with it installed. Maybe one of these?

These are a UK variant.

I used to use a lot of T Nuts and elevator bolts. Then I switched to plain old threaded inserts, except with a hex drive I install them with the drill press, so they go right in, and square to the surface.

-- Think safe, be safe

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics