Cabinet Door Panel ???

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by James posted 02-19-2019 10:47 PM 352 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View James's profile


138 posts in 2296 days

02-19-2019 10:47 PM

I need help finding an item. When you make door panel inserts out of hardwood, you’ve got to make them slightly undersized to account for expansion. They sell these rubber pellets that you can put in there as spacers that keeps the panel centered, but compresses if the wood expands. What on earth do you call them and where can I get them?

-- James - Semper Fi

4 replies so far

View Steve's profile


1580 posts in 1092 days

#1 posted 02-19-2019 10:50 PM

View DalyArcher's profile


125 posts in 1628 days

#2 posted 02-19-2019 10:55 PM,250,43298

lee Valley sells them as “panel Barrels”. Alternatively, I have heard reports of folks using small chunks of aquarium tubing.

View jeesuncnc's profile


4 posts in 268 days

#3 posted 02-20-2019 03:53 AM

you can use door CNC router to make the shape and insertions

-- A CNC Router Machine Designer @Professional CNC Machine Manufacturer

View bondogaposis's profile


5540 posts in 2860 days

#4 posted 02-20-2019 04:04 AM

The traditional way is not to use anything but a bit of glue on the center of the panel. It allows for expansion but keeps the panel in place.

-- Bondo Gaposis

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics