What glue to use

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by MikeDe posted 02-19-2019 05:21 PM 269 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View MikeDe's profile


47 posts in 2993 days

02-19-2019 05:21 PM

I am replacing some veneer on a cabinet and the use of

contact cement won’t work, because I have to move the

veneer a bit to get the fit that I need.

Is there any cement that anyone knows about that

will allow this movement I need.

I use Franklin Titebond on all my woodworking projects

so I call them and they said their glues would not work.

3 replies so far

View waho6o9's profile


8595 posts in 2878 days

#1 posted 02-19-2019 05:29 PM

View LesB's profile


2007 posts in 3744 days

#2 posted 02-19-2019 06:18 PM

View ChefHDAN's profile


1334 posts in 3151 days

#3 posted 02-19-2019 06:28 PM

Yep, hide glue, I think titebond has one you do not have to heat.

Great resource for veneer restorations here

-- I've decided 1 mistake is really 2 opportunities to learn.. learn how to fix it... and learn how to not repeat it

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics