Workshop insurance - UK

  • Advertise with us

« back to Coffee Lounge forum

Forum topic by Yettiman posted 04-11-2008 10:17 PM 1027 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Yettiman's profile


163 posts in 4594 days

04-11-2008 10:17 PM

Topic tags/keywords: workshop insurance question

Hi there,

Not sure if anyone can help, this being a UK specific (or so I think). I haved a small workshop, on a local farmers land, and I am having problems trying to get it insured. None of the home insurers will touch it as it is not in my garden. I am hoping not not go the route of getting the farmer to insure it and me pay him back, he does not need the extra agro, and has been very good to me.

Any thoughts / ideas?

-- Keep your tools sharp, your mind sharper and the coffee hot

1 reply so far

View juniorjock's profile


1930 posts in 4622 days

#1 posted 04-11-2008 10:32 PM

I’m not sure about this one, but, if the farmer owns the building, he would insure the building and I think you could probably insure it’s contents. Kind of like renter’s insurance. When someone rents an apartment, they insure all their belongings and the building itself would be someone else’s responsibility. Like I said, I’m not really sure. Just a thought. Good luck.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics