Stanley tool ID needed

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by denisthemenace posted 10-22-2018 11:38 PM 475 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View denisthemenace's profile


2 posts in 703 days

10-22-2018 11:38 PM

Came from my grandfather. How might I find replacement bits? What do you call this thing?

3 replies so far

View Smitty_Cabinetshop's profile


16905 posts in 3470 days

#1 posted 10-22-2018 11:40 PM

No. 305 or 306

Tool Handle, re: Catalogue 34

-- Don't anthropomorphize your handplanes. They hate it when you do that. - OldTools Archive -

View denisthemenace's profile


2 posts in 703 days

#2 posted 10-23-2018 01:28 AM

Thanks for such a quick response.

I bet “tool handle” as a search term will not be very efficient.


View olegrump's profile


97 posts in 1074 days

#3 posted 10-24-2018 09:47 PM

Nice inheritance. I got one at a flea market a number of years ago, which has several tools stored in the handle. On mine the jaws are similar to those of a brace drill, so any square shank tool, or one designed to fit a hex head driver will fit. If you want a longer shank, just attach a hex shanked bit holder to your handle. Great little “pocket tool” from the old days. You may have to grind some shanks a little smaller to fit yours, but with a little imagination you can create some cool new bits.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics