Is this a spoke shave?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by Jack Barnerd posted 05-17-2018 02:31 PM 691 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Jack Barnerd's profile

Jack Barnerd

12 posts in 4776 days

05-17-2018 02:31 PM

Topic tags/keywords: plane carving tool

I found this on the road and googled the G.U.S. trademark and the patent number. I haven’t found anything on it but I have old Stanley spoke shaves, some of which are concave style and that’s what I’m guessing it is?

Anyone got any ideas?

2 replies so far

View Tim's profile


3859 posts in 3174 days

#1 posted 05-17-2018 04:49 PM

That’s more like a draw knife than a spokeshave. A spokeshave at least has a bed and cuts in the space between the blade and the front of the opening. That has a very short blade between the plastic handles so I wonder what it’s for.

View MrRon's profile


6131 posts in 4456 days

#2 posted 05-17-2018 05:25 PM

It looks like it’s for stripping bark from trees.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics