correct terminology for a wysong 284 mortiser and tracking down parts

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Luthierman posted 04-25-2018 11:25 AM 417 views 0 times favorited 0 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Luthierman's profile


222 posts in 1698 days

04-25-2018 11:25 AM

Hello kind, helpful, hive mind,

I am going to go and purchase a Wysong and Miles 284 mortising machine. I have already been steered in the direction of new chisels, but I do not have any of the tooling to hold said chisels or drive the bits inside the chisels. What are these parts actually called so i can do a more refined search?

What is the possibility that there is someone on here that can sell these parts?

Is there a go-to guy that is the Wysong guru?

I have attached a photo of the parts I am search for.
Currently, it comes with one 1/2” chisel and bit which is mounted in the machine and works. I need all the rest of the tooling to run other sizes. I pulled this from the machine at work. What on earth are they called? Thanks, all.

Would it be a good idea to create this post over at owwm? I bet there are some people there as well that could help.

-- Jesse, West Lafayette, Indiana

0 replies so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics