tool identification

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by gthomson posted 04-21-2018 08:25 PM 434 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View gthomson's profile


20 posts in 1894 days

04-21-2018 08:25 PM

I have two of these, and I’m not sure what to do with them.

I think they are a way to clamp an odd-shaped piece onto a tool to make a good cut, and that top left half circle probably slides into something?
I’m guessing Craftsman, but only because the grey seems like Craftsman grey.

Anybody know what these were used with and/or how they were used?


-- Techie by trade, tinkerer at heart

1 reply so far

View Loren's profile


10477 posts in 4415 days

#1 posted 04-21-2018 08:28 PM

My guess is something like a hold-down for
cross cutting on a radial arm saw or table
saw. The wheel and spring lets you push
the workpiece under the clamp and pull it
out after the cut without fussing with the clamp.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics