Tool ID

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodcarving forum

Forum topic by HandyDan2 posted 04-03-2018 05:57 PM 686 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View HandyDan2's profile


1 post in 661 days

04-03-2018 05:57 PM

Hello, new to the forums and wondered if some one could held with this tool? I found this tool on the web and it is described for use in chip carving and wonder if the following older tool may have been used for same?

Thanks for any help


2 replies so far

View LDO2802's profile


167 posts in 1038 days

#1 posted 04-04-2018 05:57 PM

The top one is called a push knife. The bottom one is something else. Reminds me of an old leather tooling knife or a cobbler knife. But I don’t know much about those.

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

5242 posts in 4568 days

#2 posted 04-04-2018 08:33 PM

I have one from the now defunct AMT company. It has been surprisingly useful.

-- [email protected]

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics