Frame and Trim saw - what do you use it for?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Vrtigo1 posted 05-07-2011 06:25 PM 4497 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Vrtigo1's profile


434 posts in 3556 days

05-07-2011 06:25 PM

I was looking at tools for sale on craigslist and came across one of these. It looks like a cross between a miter saw and radial arm saw. It looks kind of like a portable RAS with a larger table to me. I was wondering if someone could tell me what these would be primarily used for?

Here is a picture:

4 replies so far

View WinterSun's profile


163 posts in 3175 days

#1 posted 05-07-2011 06:44 PM

My dad had one of those when he was doing a lot of siding and exterior work in the ‘90s. It saw a lot of jobsite use.

-- Rory // Milwaukee, WI

View jmichaeldesign's profile


66 posts in 3348 days

#2 posted 05-07-2011 07:16 PM

Mostly used for siding and cutting exterior trim (fascia, soffit, etc.) They’ve been replaced my the SCMS.

View Loren's profile


10477 posts in 4213 days

#3 posted 05-07-2011 07:54 PM

It is a Delta/Rockwell Sawbuck.

It can’t rip. It would be cool if it could, but the carriage doesn’t
turn for ripping. It crosscuts pretty widely and accurately though.

View Grandpa's profile


3263 posts in 3240 days

#4 posted 05-08-2011 05:19 AM

I have never used one but I know people that did and they loved them.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics