Trying to find this round drafting table hardware....or somethig close.

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by AlmostRetired posted 03-22-2018 03:12 PM 1434 views 0 times favorited 6 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View AlmostRetired's profile


220 posts in 1169 days

03-22-2018 03:12 PM

My Google searching skills have provided me no results finding this stuff so I figured I would ask the pros at LJ.

What is this called? Where can I find something like it?

Thanks all,

6 replies so far

View tomsteve's profile


958 posts in 1674 days

#1 posted 03-22-2018 03:46 PM

i was going to make a drafting table about 6-8 years ago and i think i found them called semicircular hinges. that may not be right, but after quite some time of looking i found they were no longer produced. a machine shop could probably make a set with good drawings.

View Notbrick's profile


42 posts in 563 days

#2 posted 03-22-2018 03:48 PM

Try “Trestle Drafting Table” A quick Google yielded similar tables. I have preferred these tables over the hinge kind. They are more balanced in the center and easier to adjust.

View Lazyman's profile (online now)


3746 posts in 1842 days

#3 posted 03-22-2018 07:59 PM

I could only find them on finished drafting tables or repurposed from antique tables. Perhaps you could make a trunnion out of a wood disk cut in half, if you cannot find a metal one.

-- Nathan, TX -- Hire the lazy man. He may not do as much work but that's because he will find a better way.

View MrUnix's profile (online now)


7451 posts in 2653 days

#4 posted 03-22-2018 08:02 PM

This subject was recently brought up by another user just a while back…
Drafting Table Hardware


-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

View kaerlighedsbamsen's profile


1304 posts in 2168 days

#5 posted 03-22-2018 08:38 PM

If you are going to make one have a look at Tom Figens Architects table

-- "Do or Do not. There is no try." - Yoda

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2993 posts in 3892 days

#6 posted 03-22-2018 08:52 PM

Or… you might make them out of some type of metal, or even a good quality plywood as the grain wouldn’t be an issue for breaking.

-- The smell of wood, coffee in the cup, the wife let's me do my thing, the lake is peaceful.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics