Whats the difference?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by UMP55 posted 03-21-2018 07:55 PM 1346 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View UMP55's profile


7 posts in 687 days

03-21-2018 07:55 PM

Does anyone know the real difference between the 2 Grizzly brand jointers G0813 & G0814. One says cabinet stand and the other says “knockdown” stand. Just wodering what the difference is for $70. Thanks.

-- “Wherever you go, there you are.”

1 reply so far

View Tennessee's profile


2901 posts in 3120 days

#1 posted 03-21-2018 08:07 PM

The knock down stand is one that you put together in panels and stiles, where the cabinet stand comes as one piece.
You can see all the screws in the 0813 pictures. So you get to put it together.

Is it worth $70 for the one piece cabinet? Not in my book. My Rigid table saw has by definition a knock down cabinet, been together for years and runs fine. Assembled it myself.
And so does my Jet 6” jointer which I bought in 2001. Runs like the day I first set it up, as long as I keep the knives sharp.

-- Tsunami Guitars and Custom Woodworking, Cleveland, TN

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics