Metric to English dust collector fittings

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Sark posted 03-11-2018 04:30 PM 1095 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Sark's profile


300 posts in 1166 days

03-11-2018 04:30 PM

My 2 hp dust collector has 120mm ports or about 4.75” . I bought a Dust Deputy separator which has an exhaust port of 6” . So I need to go from 120mm to 6” . I’ve jury rigged adaptors before but would rather have something off the shelf if it exists. Thanks for your help.

2 replies so far

View therealSteveN's profile


5937 posts in 1380 days

#1 posted 03-24-2018 04:10 AM

“I would try a 6” to 5 Fernco coupling.

The 6” would fit, and the 5” would easily draw down 1/2” or so. You can flow water through them, so some dust should be pretty easy work. Plus they aren’t sell the house kind of expensive.

-- Think safe, be safe

View John_'s profile


251 posts in 2512 days

#2 posted 03-24-2018 05:12 AM

I believe that most of the ‘European’ woodworking equipment uses 120 mm ports. My sliding tablesaw does. A 4” Fernco is a pretty good fit OVER the 120 mm port – so I would think you would need something like a 6” reduced to 4”.

Here is what I am using

Take a look at this 6” x 4”

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics