Stanley hand plane question. Small black plastic tote.

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by ozdude posted 01-26-2018 01:11 AM 688 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View ozdude's profile


44 posts in 1245 days

01-26-2018 01:11 AM

Hi guys,

I give up!

Bought a No 6 hand plane on ebay and it had this small 2 hole black plastic tote on it.

It was screwed in at a weird angle (because of its size) and I knew it was wrong but wasn’t concerned cause I had a proper one (pictured) in my spares box.

I was just intrigued what a small two holed tote would have come off, and have searched Stanley hand tools from pillar to post with no luck. It’s heavy plastic so its relatively knew in Stanley terms.

I thought it mighta come off a rasp or something but nothing there either.

Any lumberjocks out there know what this little fella fits?

Cheers, ozdude.

3 replies so far

View mvflaim's profile


193 posts in 3893 days

#1 posted 01-30-2018 01:25 AM

Probably from a Four Square 5 1/4 plane. Stanley’s handyman line of planes from the ‘60’s.

View bandit571's profile


26115 posts in 3485 days

#2 posted 01-30-2018 01:33 AM

Stanley SB4…

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

View ozdude's profile


44 posts in 1245 days

#3 posted 01-30-2018 02:22 AM

Thanks guys. Checked out the features on the types of planes you suggested that were selling on ebay and other net sites but none of them seem to have the two fixing holes in their base. Hmmm.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics