Ulmia Bench Parts - Need Help Locating

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by JCG936 posted 10-14-2017 08:55 PM 2355 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View JCG936's profile


2 posts in 1031 days

10-14-2017 08:55 PM

Topic tags/keywords: ulmia front vise replacement parts clamp question tip resource

Just joined and I am looking for advice on where to find a replacement part for Ulmia front vise. Unfortunately, while moving – the top was dropped and the front vise knuckle (?) was a casualty and therefore needs to be replaced. I do not want to buy whole vise – just a replacement part. I know I can remove the knuckle by removing the roll pin. Appreciate any and all advice on where to get, name of the part as I would love to continue using the front vise and bench.
Thanks in advance !

-- JCG Annapolis, MD

5 replies so far

View Tim's profile


3859 posts in 2767 days

#1 posted 10-16-2017 01:06 PM

Pictures might help.

View waho6o9's profile


8919 posts in 3383 days

#2 posted 10-16-2017 01:18 PM

We are the US distributor for Ulmia and can import workbenches for you. We do not have them in stock but can have them shipped directly from the Ulmia factory in Germany to you. The Ulmia section of their catalog can be seen here:

Please contact me at [email protected] or click on the contact us link at the top of this page for more information.

Good luck now and welcome to LumberJocks

View JCG936's profile


2 posts in 1031 days

#3 posted 10-16-2017 09:34 PM

I have attached pictures of the vise and broken knuckle.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

/Users/johncgilbert/Desktop/Ulmia Bench Vise 2.jpg/Users/johncgilbert/Desktop/Ulmia Bench Vise 1.jpg

-- JCG Annapolis, MD

View BigYin's profile


421 posts in 3222 days

#4 posted 10-16-2017 09:43 PM

punch out pin, remove wood handle then take to welder. if a steel fitting TIG weld it. if cast iron BRONZE weld it. as a high stress component it might last till you get a new one.
most machine shops can make you a new one – but expensive if you want copied.

However a simple machining ragther a copy could be quite cheap, one block of steel mounted in a lathe to drill / bore handle hole, remounted to drill / bore the shaft hole and drill press or lathe to drill the pin hole. you end up with a servicable square steel block instead of a fancier T shaped one.

-- ... Never Apologise For Being Right ...

View waho6o9's profile


8919 posts in 3383 days

#5 posted 10-16-2017 09:51 PM

Agricultural plumbing supplies

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics