Which pads do you prefer when using a high speed buffer to rub table finishes?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Finishing forum

Forum topic by Survivalbloke posted 10-04-2017 11:51 PM 1381 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Survivalbloke's profile


3 posts in 1149 days

10-04-2017 11:51 PM

Just curious what you all prefer. I am probably going to order this buffer for rubbing table finishes. I’m a finisher for a living, and I’ve rubbed many a finish by hand. I’ve always wanted to step up my game and cut my time down using the machine method. Trouble is, there are all sort of different foam pad attachments, and compound selections. I’m wondering what you all use?

1 reply so far

View 000's profile


2859 posts in 1813 days

#1 posted 10-04-2017 11:57 PM

I prefer the wool pads for final finishing but I guess it depends on what stage of buffing you are going to do.
I always use 3m product for the different compounds.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics