horizontal bars under a table - what are they?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by shoichi posted 08-30-2017 03:23 AM 628 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View shoichi's profile


30 posts in 1634 days

08-30-2017 03:23 AM

i saw these under a live edge dining table the other day. looks like they’re made for stabilizing the wood but thats just a wild guess. are these bars necessary on all table tops? is this what’s called a ’ C Channel’? i heard a wood worker saying he always uses C Channels under his tables but i don’t know what he was talking about. any help would be appreciated.


1 reply so far

View jerryminer's profile


960 posts in 2214 days

#1 posted 08-30-2017 08:50 AM

Could be C channel or angle iron that is let-in to a slot on the underside of the table. It would add stiffness and help resist cupping of the table top.

-- Jerry, making sawdust professionally since 1976

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics