Help with hinge name and source

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by 17Tom posted 06-28-2017 04:58 PM 627 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View 17Tom's profile


1 post in 1616 days

06-28-2017 04:58 PM

Topic tags/keywords: chair hinge

I am would like to build a folding chair based on one that I bought used, but I am having a hard time finding the type of hinge that was used. Not even sure what to call it, a pivot hinge with bushing perhaps? Any help with the proper name or source would be appreciated.

It seems to off set the seat and back so they nest together better but I’m not sure that a pin wouldn’t work also.


1 reply so far

View Rich's profile


7561 posts in 1873 days

#1 posted 06-28-2017 05:56 PM

That’s half of a knife hinge. They’re pretty easy to find.

-- Half of what we read or hear about finishing is right. We just don’t know which half! — Bob Flexner

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics