Shaper Question

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by hutweb posted 05-13-2017 08:54 PM 643 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View hutweb's profile


13 posts in 1198 days

05-13-2017 08:54 PM

I recently acquired a used Craftsman shaper model # 113.23940. This shaper was obviously made before most equipment like this had a 4 inch port for attachment to a dust collection system. I have a 3 HP Grizzly DC system with drops and blast gates to all the machines. Do any readers know if there are any after market attachments that will attach to this shaper so that a hose can be attached to it? I’m trying to avoid fabricating something that might already be out there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,
Tom at HutWeb

1 reply so far

View JuniorJoiner's profile


497 posts in 4249 days

#1 posted 05-13-2017 09:05 PM{7B0665DF-8BC3-420E-9047-327D1350E2A8}
oneida, lee valley, and rockler all make products you could make work. really depends on how much you want to spend.
i would just use a 4” duct to square transition from the hardware store and use cam magnets to keep it where i need it.

-- Junior -Quality is never an accident-it is the reward for the effort involved.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics