Tube Bubbler

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by richardchaos posted 05-13-2017 02:54 PM 620 views 0 times favorited 0 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View richardchaos's profile


583 posts in 990 days

05-13-2017 02:54 PM

This was hard to put a TOPIC ON! And its sort of like a plumbing question.. anyways thesis a STEAM PUNK THING!

I need to make a 3 inch wide clear tube that will be lit from the top. The effect I want is a glowing rod of Uranium in a tube of water maybe a foot high. I want to put two sliding dimmers on this piece that will active and regulate a Aquarium air pump to make bubbles from the bottom AND light a light above that will make the plastic free uranium rod glow and light the green water in the tube.

I can figure out most f this and want to seek them..

Problem is I think to be safe the water tube needs to be sealed. So if its tipped over or put in a car to move none of the water comes out and perhaps short out any electrical.

Issue there is the water needs to be able to going to the TUBE and exits or be recycled by the air pump. I need some sort of VALVE manual or automatic that will allow air to escape but the water can not. ADn automatic valve would be best but if U have to I could put in some sort of valve you turn closed to move the thing and screw it open to allow air to escape BUT NOT THE WATER!

This is the effect I want sort of from this guy BUT using heaver materials such as PVC clear tubes or polycarbonate that SHOULD BE SEALED

-- β€œIn a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” ― George Orwell

0 replies so far

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics