Fluting Cutters for a Record 050?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by Grasshopper000 posted 04-27-2017 03:08 PM 791 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Grasshopper000's profile


101 posts in 2077 days

04-27-2017 03:08 PM

Hey, I have a minty Record 050 (custom velvety box too) and in the little box that says “cutter clamping bracket” there were the 1/8” and 3/16” cutters as expected, but there were also 5 fluting cutters (I think that’s the correct term) with no Record labels (all other cutters had the labels still on them), and only the one (middle in pic) had the little cutout that helps it fit into the depth adjuster. So I was hoping you folks could help me figure out if these fluting cutters are actually for the Record 050? I couldn’t find anything online that said these were special cutters available for the 050. I was wondering if maybe they were for the 405 or maybe a Stanley 45? Any help is appreciated. It’s a score either way, just trying to figure out what plow/plough plane what they’re for. Thanks!

2 replies so far

View WayneC's profile


14358 posts in 4705 days

#1 posted 04-27-2017 04:13 PM

Most likely would be the 405. Here is some info. Also check manuals.

Manual is on this page.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View Grasshopper000's profile


101 posts in 2077 days

#2 posted 04-27-2017 04:18 PM

Thanks, Wayne.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics