Drill Doctor Help

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Scott posted 04-20-2017 01:16 AM 605 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Scott's profile


116 posts in 1960 days

04-20-2017 01:16 AM

I was at a garage sale this past weekend. I found a drill doctor drill bit sharpener with a $1 price tag. I noticed that it was missing the drill bit holder and told him that it was useless without it. He ended up just giving it to me. Now I’m seeking the help of my fellow LJs.

Does anyone have a drill doctor? I was thinking I could probably turn the holder part out of wood. Anyone willing to make measurements and or a drawing? Thanks in advance!

2 replies so far

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

9399 posts in 2933 days

#1 posted 04-20-2017 02:17 AM

I don’t think you could turn it from wood.

It’s a two piece threaded collet. You adjust the diameter of the hole by turning the outer collar. There is also metal tabs in the nose which set into the drill bit flutes. This aligns the bit to the correct orientation for sharpening and prevents it from turning in the collet nose.

Perhaps you can simply buy a replacement form Drill Doctor.

-- Matt -- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

View waho6o9's profile


8812 posts in 3181 days

#2 posted 04-20-2017 04:06 AM


1 Review(s) | Add Your Review
Availability: In stock
Item Number: DA70100PF

Not sure if it fits your model but something might work for you.


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics