Any idea what this piece of machinery is?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by opalko posted 04-07-2017 12:47 AM 1629 views 0 times favorited 12 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View opalko's profile


148 posts in 3424 days

04-07-2017 12:47 AM

At an estate sale, sorry the only photo I can get of it. Any idea? Maybe a sliding table saw but the top(s) don’t look like they are in the same plane.

12 replies so far

View JollyGreen67's profile


1676 posts in 3151 days

#1 posted 04-07-2017 01:40 AM

photo ?

-- When I was a kid I wanted to be older . . . . . this CRAP is not what I expected ! RIP 09/08/2018

View Woodknack's profile


12803 posts in 2768 days

#2 posted 04-07-2017 02:32 AM

From what I can see, the grey table on the left is not part of the machine. It looks like a saw on a pedestal. The crank appears to control the arm on the right. The left side of the table has what could be part of a fence. No idea but curious.

-- Rick M,

View Andybb's profile


1920 posts in 992 days

#3 posted 04-07-2017 04:04 AM

What’s on the reddish label above and to the left of the crank?? Maybe someone there can grab a quick phone photo?

-- Andy - Seattle USA

View oldnovice's profile


7484 posts in 3756 days

#4 posted 04-07-2017 04:49 AM

Hey, who let you in my shop to take pictures?

I go along with Rick M with his analysis.
That red label may provide some info but I cannot read it!

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"

View runswithscissors's profile


3039 posts in 2413 days

#5 posted 04-07-2017 07:20 AM

I have no idea, but you’d better grab it before somebody else does.

-- I admit to being an adrenaline junky; fortunately, I'm very easily frightened

View oldbob13's profile


17 posts in 3258 days

#6 posted 04-07-2017 10:33 AM

If the left hand side is a sliding table and the gizzmo has a saw blade then it may be a printers saw.
Used for accurately cutting cast type.

View canadianchips's profile


2626 posts in 3385 days

#7 posted 04-07-2017 11:53 AM

The machine on the pedastal looks like an OLD craftex table saw. The crank holds a pressure roller on the blade.

-- "My mission in life - make everyone smile !"

View Carloz's profile


1147 posts in 980 days

#8 posted 04-07-2017 12:41 PM

If the farther half folds on the closest half it is a heat press

View alittleoff's profile


541 posts in 1665 days

#9 posted 04-07-2017 01:19 PM

Hammond printers saw looks like.

View johnstoneb's profile


3107 posts in 2561 days

#10 posted 04-07-2017 01:25 PM

You have two separate items. the one with crank is a Hammond printers saw

The other is a table or something else shoved under the saw.

Thanks to alittleoff I just Googled Hammond printer saw and the above came up.

-- Bruce, Boise, ID

View 000's profile


2859 posts in 1287 days

#11 posted 04-07-2017 01:27 PM

OldBob13 Nailed it!

View Loren's profile


10477 posts in 4036 days

#12 posted 04-07-2017 04:12 PM

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics