Anyone seen or know what type of hinges these are?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by ndevries89 posted 03-08-2017 02:33 AM 1207 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View ndevries89's profile


2 posts in 927 days

03-08-2017 02:33 AM

I am in the process of refinishing an old cigar humidor. Humidor uses these hinges that fit in pockets on both the lid and the box. I would like to find replacement ones but I am not sure what to look for as I do not know what type if hinges these are. Any information is helpful. Thanks.

3 replies so far

View firefighterontheside's profile


20516 posts in 2338 days

#1 posted 03-08-2017 02:53 AM

I can’t understand exactly what they look like or how they are mounted.

-- Bill M. "People change, walnut doesn't" by Gene.

View Aj2's profile


2431 posts in 2279 days

#2 posted 03-08-2017 04:11 AM

They are called hidden kerf hinges but they are bottom of the barrel cheapo hinges.If the humidor is worth restoring put some nice ones on.

-- Aj

View jerryminer's profile


960 posts in 1923 days

#3 posted 03-08-2017 11:55 PM

$2.60 per pair (+ $5.50 shipping :) )on Amazon

-- Jerry, making sawdust professionally since 1976

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics