Trying to identify old tool

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by mhlumberjock posted 02-18-2017 09:39 PM 723 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View mhlumberjock's profile


1 post in 1746 days

02-18-2017 09:39 PM

Topic tags/keywords: old tool identification wood question

I found this in an old woodworker’s shop. It is about 5 inches long. When you turn the long spindle the round collar at the front turns (very smoothly). Inside the collar is a round opening about 3/8” wide. The barrel says C-642 and Quincy Mass. I didn’t note down the manufacturer.

Thanks for the help.

-- Mike, Northern California

1 reply so far

View papadan's profile


3584 posts in 4651 days

#1 posted 02-18-2017 09:48 PM

Give a couple more pics please. What is the flex socket turning. First guess would be a pipe reamer. the large hole for mounting on pipe frame and reamer blade driven by the flex socket.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics