Can you identify this hardware?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Lt_scout posted 11-02-2016 12:47 PM 610 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Lt_scout's profile


47 posts in 1493 days

11-02-2016 12:47 PM

Hello friends,

I’m an artist (painter) and a novice wood worker. I have this pochade box (painter’s box) that features the pin and spring (see pic). That pin pushes down and locks the drawer when the lid is down. This pin is broken, the bolt that threads into the bottom side of the pin is gone and the pin itself is snapped off. The bolt keeps the pin from falling out when the lid is open and the box is moving around.

What is this pin/spring gadget called?

Where could I order more?

I’ve tried searching all kinds of word combinations and searching google images and nothing. Many thanks for your help on this!


-- When you know you can do more with less, you will require less to do more.

1 reply so far

View waho6o9's profile


8955 posts in 3499 days

#1 posted 11-02-2016 02:40 PM

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics