• Advertise with us

« back to Wood & Lumber forum

Forum topic by pfleming posted 09-18-2016 12:16 PM 604 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View pfleming's profile


86 posts in 2092 days

09-18-2016 12:16 PM

Not sure if there’s a forum out there for this already, but I didn’t see it if there is. Does anyone know of a place that you can get square top spindles/balusters, that are symmetrical on both ends, for a reasonable price? I want to get some that are 3-4” square that I can rip on the table saw and use around picture frames. I’ve seen some online here and there, but they seem to be pretty expensive (at least for me they are), and they’re actually pretty hard to find too. Thanks guys!

-- Patrick, Mississippi

3 replies so far

View bondogaposis's profile


5870 posts in 3229 days

#1 posted 09-18-2016 04:40 PM

Here is a link to Stair Warehouse.

-- Bondo Gaposis

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

5307 posts in 4838 days

#2 posted 09-18-2016 05:35 PM

Have ya checked out Osborne Woodworks in N. Ga.?

-- [email protected]

View pfleming's profile


86 posts in 2092 days

#3 posted 09-19-2016 11:56 AM

I may have checked both of these by now guys. I’ve checked so many places it’s not even funny. Just for giggles I went by our local Lowe’s store last night, and it turns out that they have some in stock. They’re treated posts, which I was hoping to find some sort of “interior grade” that wasn’t treated, but those may not exist. If I get so bold as to try and rip one on my table saw, these will probably work as good as any. Thanks for the input!

-- Patrick, Mississippi

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics