Tool ID ?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by Carey Mitchell posted 08-25-2016 01:15 AM 798 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Carey  Mitchell's profile

Carey Mitchell

160 posts in 2845 days

08-25-2016 01:15 AM

This little rule belonged to my great grandfather (1857-1952), who I can barely recall ( I’m 72). I have had it since I was a kid but have never understood its function. The old timers produced tools for specific uses and I am sure this had one.

Anyone have any idea of the name and use?

2 replies so far

View jwmalone's profile


768 posts in 1588 days

#1 posted 08-25-2016 01:25 AM

An old pocket rule. My grand father had one got it somewhere stowed away. pretty sure that’s the proper name and it was used for what ever you needed a small rule for. architects, draftsmen lay outs, . Does the end pull out?

-- "Boy you could get more work done it you quit flapping your pie hole" Grandpa

View JoeinGa's profile


7741 posts in 2893 days

#2 posted 08-25-2016 01:00 PM

I have one also. There’s some more info on this link …

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics