What is this feature called?

  • Advertise with us

« back to CNC Woodworking forum

Forum topic by jmeter posted 08-15-2016 09:04 PM 952 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View jmeter's profile


11 posts in 1499 days

08-15-2016 09:04 PM

I’m trying to find out what this feature is called. It has an undercut to allow you to hang it on a screw.

I assume this is CNCed, but want to know what kind of bit is used to create it.


4 replies so far

View MrUnix's profile


7402 posts in 2614 days

#1 posted 08-15-2016 09:12 PM

Keyhole router bit:


-- Brad in FL - In Dog I trust... everything else is questionable

View jmeter's profile


11 posts in 1499 days

#2 posted 08-15-2016 09:15 PM

Perfect, thanks!

View HerbC's profile


1801 posts in 3274 days

#3 posted 08-16-2016 02:28 AM

Hint, use small diameter straight router bit (same diameter as smaller diameter on keyhole bit) to remove as much as possible first, then use keyhole bit to clean up and provide final shape.

-- Herb, Florida - Here's why I close most messages with "Be Careful!"

View nightguy's profile


213 posts in 1077 days

#4 posted 08-16-2016 02:50 AM

cut the slot with a straight line bit first, then the key way bit, they dont take a lot of strain on them.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics