Fountain Pens

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Dukegijoe posted 04-11-2010 07:23 PM 1122 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Dukegijoe's profile


55 posts in 4340 days

04-11-2010 07:23 PM

Topic tags/keywords: question pens

I have a customer who would like an old school fountain pen. The type where the ink is pulled into the resevoir by pulling up the clip, rather than turning the pen. Does anybody know where I could find such a kit? I’ve been poking around the usual places and haven’t found anything that has this feature. Your help, as always is apprecaited.

-- Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsmen can hide his mistakes! - Walter Blodgett

2 replies so far

View Seer's profile


311 posts in 4933 days

#1 posted 04-11-2010 07:59 PM or a google search penturners could help alot.


View davidpettinger's profile


661 posts in 4491 days

#2 posted 04-12-2010 12:46 AM

Although the idea is a good one, I am not sure that the parts are that readily available anymore. There was no standard in the industry. This web site has parts for sale, but you should read the explanation on ordering parts.
Another way to approach the task maybe to purchase a vintage pen, then turn a new body for it.

-- Methods are many,Principles are few.Methods change often,Principles never do.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics