white pen/pencil?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by mnorusis posted 10-24-2009 06:30 PM 1292 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View mnorusis's profile


157 posts in 4601 days

10-24-2009 06:30 PM

I’ve seen some different people use a white pen/pencil to write on their wood, like in these photos:

Could anyone explain what it is, why use it and where to get them?


5 replies so far

View papadan's profile


3584 posts in 4826 days

#1 posted 10-24-2009 06:33 PM

That would be a grease pencil, also called china marker. You can get them at any office supply store and I even picked one up at Wallyworld once.

View Thuan's profile


203 posts in 5275 days

#2 posted 10-24-2009 06:48 PM

We use the Wite-Out pens when cutting granite, should work on wood as well.

-- Thuan

View davidpettinger's profile


661 posts in 4658 days

#3 posted 10-24-2009 07:00 PM

There is an actual white artists pencil that sharpens like a regular pencil. Artist supply carries them.

-- Methods are many,Principles are few.Methods change often,Principles never do.

View MedicKen's profile


1615 posts in 4920 days

#4 posted 10-24-2009 07:19 PM

I use mine to mark darker woods like walnut. Its much easier to see than the standard #2.

-- My job is to give my kids things to discuss with their [email protected]

View a1Jim's profile


118322 posts in 5035 days

#5 posted 10-24-2009 07:22 PM

You can also buy them at a fabric store


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics