LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I am an avid Deer Hunter. I hunt in Louisiana where I am originally from every year. Opening day is the last Saturday in October. ONLY 123 Days left! Woo Hoo!

Are any of you fellow LJ's hunters and if so, what kind? (Excluding the 2 legged dear).

·
Registered
69 Posts
If there is a season for it here in Texas I will try to hunt it. Also go to Iowa for deer and Kansas for pheasant. Hunt a lease in Del Rio and Camp Wood. I also hunt the Sam Houston National forest. And I also am always hunting for the next great fishing hole.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Come November 15th, I hunt whitetails here in the Upper Peninsula. If we dont get snowed out, hunting the December muzzleloading season with a KY longrifle is a real treat. You'd need much warmer clothes hunting U.P. here.

In past years I've hunted Elk in Colorado, but i'm not doing that very often anymore.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Bowhunter…well, mostly bow camper, but, you know. Elk and deer have the best time leading me for a hike around thru the brush. Season opens late August, sometimes on my wifes birthday; she's gotten used to it. I love hunting!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
When i lived in South Africa i used to take Americans out game hunting everyday for kudo, impala,pig,eland,mainly plains game but been on 2 big 5 shouts for elephant and bufulo you boys do have a thing for big guns with nitro LOL….......

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Count me in! I took my grandson hunting last fall. Our church's Outdoor Ministry sponsored a dove hunt at a local farm. He didn't hunt as he is only 6; his 4 year old brother gets to go this year. The older boy and I went turkey hunting this spring. Didn't get one but we spotted a hen on the way to our area. We watched her join another hen in a field. We watched them for about 15 minutes before they wandered off into the woods. He got to see her tracks along a ditch. Deer hunting this fall with possibly both of them. Ned to start scouting.
I want them to see the natural world and how it works, not according to Disney. I am retired and want to spend as much time with them as possible; going to be a chore as I have 5 grandchildren, four under 6 years old.
hobomonk, you set high standards for your hunt! My complements and respect!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Mulies in NM and CA. Also black tail in the lower Sierra. Do the Dove Sept 1, turkey spring and fall Elk in Idaho. Yeah, I got it bad… Rifle, pistol and bow, heck I'd use a rock if there was game and a season for it! ;0)

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Whitetail in the Mountians of Northen Vermont. getting harder around my camp, swamp donkeys (moose) are taking over, they hold a lottery for moose and only couple hundred are awarded each year throuout the state.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I don't hunt myself, but my cousin's husband taught two of her kids (brother & sister) when in their early teens to hunt wild boar in the Big Island of Hawaii's mountains. On one hunt he killed a sow only to find there were young ones around and ended up killing them too as their tusks are quite lethal. The kids each hauled a 70lb. pig on their backs down the mountainside. Muddy, bloody and tired the threesome trekked home and MOM was livid seeing her "babies" in such a state. BUT, they did eat well that season. AND, the girl grew up to be an excellent sharp shooter and hunter, out scoring competition during trials on a survival test as a national park ranger.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Mulies and White Tail…..both Bow and Rifle. Starts in September.

·
Registered
13,523 Posts
I am an avid bow hunter and pretty much hunt from October 1st to Thanksgiving. We have gotten some dandy P & Y white tail deer over the past few years. If you ever want to get your heart pumping before hunting season, I would be happy to send you some pictures

God Bless
tom

·
Registered
621 Posts
Here in MO, bow season starts Sept. 15th…....I kinda have the excied jitters about it, I just can't wait. I turn 30 today, and have been hunting deer since I was 11…..still get excited about this time every year.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I spend alot of time in the tree stand with my bow….Nebraska Whitetails baby!!!! We have some ok mule deer hunting….but I am obsessed with fooling big whitetails.

I do some rifle and muzzleloader hunting as well…but the challenge of bow hunting is my thing. I also love to take my wife and other new hunters in the field.

I have also hunted elk in 4 different western states and also collect safari grade winchesters model 70 big bores (memorable recoil) for that dream hunt to the dark continent..someday

A Lumberjocks Deer camp and/or trade-a-hunt?

Trev
"Use Enough Gun" Robert Ruark

·
Registered
499 Posts
how does it work in the states? can anybody go out and kill anytyhing he likes?
there is so little natural space in belgium that hunting is verry regulated, you need to pass an exam. and then theres hardly any hunting to it, most of the animals they shoot are domestic animals released to be shot down, or wild animals they feed throughout the year so they stay in their zone, and then shoot them down when season opens…

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I enjoy Bow hunting White tail deer in Ohio the most. Nothing like being in the woods out of site and viewing all that nature has to offer.

Riffle hunting in WV is the only place I get to shoot my 30 06. I go during the week of Thanksgiving with some co workers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.