LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
My marking knife..

Wood Wood stain Varnish Office supplies Writing implement

Very comfy, tactile and well balanced, mahogany handle shaped on a stationary disc sander and waxed.
One of a few simple tools I've made to date but have designs on a few planes, a wooden screw/nut threading jig among other things.
As usual down here a slow process of seeking out possible materials, though I have a small collection of odd plane beds and bits to work around.
I have a few more bigger things to sort out for the workshop then am going to treat myself to some taps and dies to aid me in making some parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
All great examples, guys. I actually just finished my mallet last night and a marking knife and pair of awls a few days ago. I get the feeling that I'm going to be addicted to this whole tool making thing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.