LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If that's really a serious question here's a lesson for all who might ask such a question. There's this thing called "Google" (look it up on Bing), and the first listing is:

Font Motor vehicle Parallel Paper Paper product

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Kinda like those Shopsmith rigs. I never found the ability to trust a multi purpose rig, seems like a compromise on all points to get all to work or fold out of the way for the intended tool.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My expert Google-fu skills tells me that she is a down on her luck 1950's Yates American Combination Machine. Too much hard living has not been kind to her.

Here's what she looked like when she was a pinup model that wowed all the guys with her curves:

Here's the link over at vintagemachinery.org: http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=1944

Greg

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I sure hope the sander ain t spinning while jointing unless it is designed to sand nuts.

- ElChe
Kind of like the listing I saw on Craigslist for a "belt and dick sander"!

·
Registered
9,175 Posts
The sander is engaged using a rubber wheel which acts like a clutch, so it's not usually spinning when using the machine as a table saw or jointer. I'd love to have that machine just for the cool factor of it. There are several examples of it at the vintage machinery site and some discussions about restoring and using it over at OWWM. In the condition it's in, $185 might be a bit of a stretch, but I'm sure it will get bought and restored eventually. It's located where there are quite a few 'enthusiasts' looking for cool vintage machines.

Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That is the abandoned love child of a Unisaw and a ShopSmith.

- Malcolm Schweizer
And that's why you should always unplug your tools when you leave the shop. God knows what goes on in there at night! (I know I didn't make that mess)

·
Registered
266 Posts
That looks like something that you would put "vintage" in front of and tack on another $100.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.